Can I claim compensation for my traffic accident which happened abroad?

If you’ve been involved in a traffic accident while you were travelling abroad you’ll know how devastating it can be. You might be one of the many holidaymakers who decide to drive across Europe or hire a bike or a car to explore the region you’re staying in. Perhaps your employer sent you overseas and travelling is a part of your job.

While all of this can be an exciting experience, visitors who are unfamiliar with the rules of the roads in a foreign country can easily find themselves involved in an accident. You might have even found yourself sustaining an injury as a result of being a passenger in a car or a coach.

Whatever situation you found yourself in the road accident by, it can ruin the rest of your trip and the effects can be long lasting in terms of trauma and physical injuries which stay with you until long after you return home.

The law is complex when it comes to road traffic accidents which happen abroad, but the good news is that you don’t have to make the claim in the country where the accident occurred. If you have to make a personal injury claim, European road users can benefit from the 4th and 5th Motoring Insurance Directives as outlined by the EU. This encourages European insurers to work with a UK handling agent who can then start to work with the claims in English and set a timeframe for completion.

If you believe that you have a personal injury claim as the result of an injury abroad it’s possible that you could be eligible for compensation. Personal Injury Solicitors can help to assess your claim and determine if you can get any remuneration.

Sustained an injury in an RTA abroad? We can help you claim compensation

Being involved in an RTA is invariably stressful but when it occurs overseas it can be particularly traumatic. Making an injury claim involves complex legal work, so instructing a specialist personal injury solicitor like those at our firm is essential.

Call today on FREEPHONE FREEPHONE 0800 1404544, or

Send us an email via the contact form below:


    I was recently involved in a public transport accident. Can I make an injury claim?

    Did you go on a trip which ended badly? Perhaps you were travelling home as a passenger on the bus after a day at work or out shopping, when the vehicle was involved in an accident. As a result you may have suffered and sustained personal injuries which make you feel helpless, causing your self-esteem to plummet to an all-time low.

    The good news is that if you were involved in a public transport accident, involving a bus or a taxi for example, you could be eligible for compensation in the form of a public transport claim. If it’s determined that the driver was at fault concerning the collision you were involved in, then it’s possible for the accident claim to be made by the company that employs the bus or taxi driver.

    An accident on a bus can be the result of careless or even dangerous driving which results in serious injury or trauma. If you or other passengers in the bus or taxi were being thrown out of your seat by a driver who was speeding, braking suddenly or too hard, or even driving fast around corners, then the bus driver could be found to be at fault for the accident.

    Public transport injury compensation claims specialists – call us now

    If you believe you have a case for a compensation claim regarding your public transport accident, our Personal Injury Solicitors can help.

    • For free initial advice, please call 01722 422 300 for more information.
    • Alternatively you can fill out the contact form below to get in touch with our injury claims specialists by email.

      I was involved in a motorway accident, how do I seek compensation for my personal injuries?

      Being involved in a motorway accident can be a traumatic experience and for those involved, it often raises a mirror to their own mortality, raising the question of ‘What if?’. After a high-speed accident on a motorway you will understandably need the time and space to recover from what’s happened.

      If you have severe injuries as a result of the accident and it’s been determined that it was someone else’s fault, it’s possible to claim compensation for any suffering pain or loss you may have endured. This can include any loss of earnings or rehabilitation costs which may have been incurred too.

      The Department of Transport has revealed that in 2010, 10,369 casualties happened on motorways in Great Britain. Meanwhile 798 people were severely injured while travelling on motorways and 118 fatalities occurred. It’s no surprise given the billions of miles travelled across England and the rest of the United Kingdom, along with the increasing number of vehicles on the road that motorway accident claims are on the rise.

      Whiplash is considered to be the most common injury endured from a motorway accident. This can happen when the neck is jolted suddenly during the impact of a car crash. The pain can be immediate and last for two days or longer, sometimes even weeks or months

      It’s possible to receive injuries while wearing a seatbelt as while it’s designed to stop you moving forward, it can also cause chest injuries and bruise the chest, making it feel uncomfortable. If the crash you were in was high-impact then you may have suffered skeletal fractures, serious cuts or abrasions as a result of flying debris or crushing of limbs.

      Call our personal injury solicitors for motorway accident claims advice

      If you believe that your motorway accident is eligible for compensation due to the negligence of another driver, Personal Injury Solicitors can help. They can provide you with initial advice about your claim and provide you with the best course of action to take.

      Please call 01722 422 300 to talk with an advisor or,

      Send us an email via the contact form below.

        I was injured while swimming. Am I eligible for compensation?

        Swimming is a fantastic form of exercise and can be a fun activity for all the family to get involved in. There are many swimming pools who strive to uphold strict health and safety standards so that everyone, both the public and staff can enjoy the water safely.

        From time to time however accidents can happen and children in particular can be vulnerable to having an accident in a swimming pool due to being naturally excited around water. In these instances if anything happens it should be reported to staff who can then record it in their accident book.

        It may be possible that you are eligible for compensation if it can be proven that the swimming centre didn’t provide adequate safeguarding measures to protect all users, particularly vulnerable people such as children from any potential dangers.

        If a swimming pool and leisure centre doesn’t provide adequate warning signs about the depth of the pool or have signs which prohibit running, this could be a cause for concern. Similarly, if you have tripped on any broken tiles either around the poolside or in the changing room area then you could have a case for compensation.

        If you have received skin burns or irritations as a result of getting into a swimming pool with excessively high chlorine levels or you have been injured as a result of someone else’s inappropriate behaviour, i.e. they were running or jumping around the pool, you could be eligible for a claim.

        If the lifeguard didn’t act responsibly to stop this behaviour or you found there to be other problems around the swimming pool such as defective or badly maintained equipment, these are all potentially dangerous problems.

        Ave you been injured in an accident at a swimming pool which was not your fault? Call FREEPHONE FREEPHONE 0800 1404544

        Do any of the above situations sound familiar? If any of these have happened to you, it’s possible that you could receive compensation. If you would like to receive expert advice about whether your swimming pool injury is eligible for compensation, please:

        Call 01722 422 300, or

        Alternatively you get in touch via the contact form below.